Tuesday, December 6, 2011

The American Dream

Since todays class I have been putting some thought into what MY American dream is..

My American dream isnt necessarily to be rich, although that would be nice. I just want to have a career I enjoy and have enough money to support my family and have extra money to spend on things I want. I do want to have to worry about finances and a big part of my dream is just to be happy and in love. Have a perfect husband and a wonderful life to come home to everyday.

I believe everyones dream is different, not everyone wants a family, or to be married or even to be rich some people just want to be able to afford things. I think the dream with think about isnt reality because we picture it perfect. Like I picture having the perfect husband when we all know that probably wont happen.

The American dream is a nice thing to think about and I think thats why we all hold on to it. Instead of the american dream I think it is just what someone really wants in life realistically. The American dream is just a nice fairy tale we all like to dream about everything being perfect just like when you are a child and you believe that everyone marries their soul mate and will be in love forever but realistically people fall out of love and most marriages end up in a divorce.

No comments:

Post a Comment