Thursday, December 8, 2011

Thoughts on AMS 107

The class in general was a pleasant surprise for me. I didn't think I'd enjoy coming to class, but it was actually fun to hear the discussions and arguments. I think the zine was fun and it was researching experience.

When it comes to the course material itself, I was happy with the topics covered. Some of my favorite discussions we had include the white privilege issue, the detroit urban zoning crisis, and also the food inc. topics. I think the way John and Kritika taught the class was excellent as well, being able to weave together all the course material, and the way you guys carried on with class was great.

I'm going to take a lot out of this course. I'm definately not going to see things the same way in terms of equal opportunity in this country. I'm also going to consider the way media exaggerates things, and laugh at the news for covering mindless things

1 comment:

  1. I agree. I really liked how the class was heavily discussion based. Everyone had some really interesting thoughts.

    ReplyDelete