Thursday, December 8, 2011

My American Dream

I think that the first thing that should be thought about when mentioning the American Dream, is the name itself. It's the American DREAM. Just a dream. We all have them every night, but does that mean that they will come true? Of course not. The American Dream is an imaginative thing that was made up in our parents generation. I think the validity of this dream has faded entirely as years go by. In terms of what I consider to be my American dream, I just want to be happy and live comfortably, that's all that I really want out of life. I don't think that I will ever be a billionaire or millionaire. I will probably work my whole life, with a successful job and a family of my own, in a house that is reasonable for the amount of money I make. I aspire not to struggle throughout life, and anything greater than the things that I just mentioned would be a genuine surprise to me. I think that it is important to think realistically about your future and not to get too crazy about this so called American Dream.

1 comment:

  1. I agree that it is just a dream. I feel like almost no one is ever completely satisfied. There is always something more that we dream for. Our dreams cannot always be achieved. I definitely agree that we cannot get caught up on focusing on this American Dream because then you will never be happy. We need to think realistically.

    ReplyDelete