Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The Catholic church's most secret documents

Here goes my first attempt at blogging, ever. After receiving the September 15th issue of Rolling Stone in the mail, I stumbled across an article that really caught my attention. "The Catholic Church's Secret Sex-Crime Files," goes behind the scenes of the archdiocese of Philadelphia. I don't recommend reading the article if you want to retain your full respect of Catholicism.

The article can be reached via the interwebs here:
http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/news/the-catholic-churchs-secret-sex-crime-files-20110906


Being raised Catholic, this article really hits close to home. I'm disgusted in the church's cover up attempts at all the wrong-doings done by priests over the years. In my opinion, the most disturbing part of the article is how the church would re-locate the priests with accusations made against them. What kind of justice is that? No wonder this has been an ongoing problem over the years. I don't think Jesus Christ would have approved these actions.
-sean

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sean! While we really encourage you to use this blog as a space to explore and write about issues that you care about, it is important that these blog posts be somewhat related to the course material and class discussions. Do you think you could find a way to connect this specific post to some of the things we've been discussing in class?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it was relevant because it deals with a religious stereotype

    ReplyDelete