Thursday, September 15, 2011

Driving while Black!!!

Although today in class driving while black seemed not to be a well known topic, it really does exist. one day i was driving to Angola, NY to visit my nephew who had been legally adopted by a white lady named Alice. while on my way to his house i was pulled over by Angola police, the cop did not exit his vehicle until three more cars arrived. they blocked my car in on the side of thee road and then told me to exsit the car with my hands in the air. i was put face down on my trunk and asked if i had any drugs on me, when i replied no the officer then told me to cut the crap and give him the drugs. i told him i didnt know what he was talking about so he put me in the back of the cop car and impounded my car. then he gave me a ticket because he said i made a right turn to fast and that i was driving wreckless. to make a long story short i went to the impound the same day to get my car it cost almost $500 to get it back and when they brought it out to me a k-9 unit stripped searched my car and left it all ripped apart! that sucked! so driving while black does exist!

1 comment:

  1. Weird. I'm from Angola. If it makes you feel better, the Angola police have been dissolved into the whole Evans system. Not that I'm trying to use a job to make you feel better. I'm actually appalled and a little ashamed that happened in the place I grew up. I'm sorry you had to go through that.

    ReplyDelete