Friday, September 23, 2011

High School Experience

When we were watching the video in class on Thursday I started to reflect on my past and think about my own experiences. What came to my mind was about an Arab girl I remembered in my high school class. The only thing I could remember about her was how she was always alone and I don't remember her having very many friends. I am just as guilty of this as everyone else from my class, but I don't think I ever really talked to her. High school can be a very hard time for most teenagers, I can't imagine how much more difficult it was for her being the only Arab in a class with 300 white students.

1 comment:

  1. i always think of stuff like this and it makes me sad. look how serious bullying is these days. kids are so cruel and people kill themselves over being left out. its definitely something to think about and to remember before we start judging.

    ReplyDelete