Friday, November 25, 2011

black thanksgiving?

yesterday on my way to dinner at my boyfriends parents house we drove past toys r us and there were already people waiting outside. I saw people on the news that were skipping Thanksgiving dinner to go wait at the mall. Isn't this crazy? I mean people are skipping out on a holiday with their family so they can wait in line for a $500 TV? I think this proves how materialistic people have gotten, it is more important to go buy things than spend time with family. Stores usually open pretty early on Friday but this year a lot of stores started their sales as early as 9pm. Black Friday doesn't even have that good of deals. Best Buy had an ad for $5 off an ipod, and people wait in line for hours. I think it's safe to say that in a couple years people won't even have Thanksgiving dinner, they'll just go right to the store Thursday morning. Holidays have really just become about buying things, I don't know how much more Christmas can be commercialized, it's so bad that Thanksgiving is being pushed out of the way because we don't get gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment