Thursday, November 3, 2011

CEO's?

After this weeks class the only thing that has been on my mind is thinking about how much CEO's really make but how little they do. I agree that they clearly worked their way up there (for most of them) but for the amount of money put in I think they should keep up with what their companies are doing, not let other people be in charge of it. For example on Undercover bosses, Joyce, in my opinion should of already known about the things that needed to be fixed. As CEO of that company he should regularly check up on his businesses, not only check up on them when he gets paid to be on the TV show undercover bosses cause obviously he got paid for that. I think about all of my bosses I have had in previous jobs and realize how little they did. My first job was working for a Lawfirm, I was a runner for the lawyers so I basically did everything they didnt want to do, went to the post office, delivered papers, cleaned, filed paperwork. My boss for the most part sat in his office and made phone calls, had family members visit and such. I know he went through a lot to get the job but after being a lawyer for awhile I noticed he depended on other people more now then himself, other people started doing more then he did. I was let go from the job because they said they couldnt afford to keep paying me but i only made minimum wage and only worked 15 hours a week. I know all of the lawyers could afford to put $10 aside from their paychecks but instead they got an intern to do the work for free cause they needed more money even though they were all rich?

No comments:

Post a Comment