Thursday, November 10, 2011

whats cool

I always believed that there is nothing cool about our generation. I always wished I was a teenager in the 1960s I wanted to be in the civil rights movement, protest Vietnam, be a hippy. But I can't go back, I'm disappointed kind of like the merchants of cool article. The cars today aren't even cool, give me a 2012 corolla or a 1956 mustang and ill take the mustang. Our music sucks too, Katy perry is horrible. But given these views I still have to admit I am a product of cool and anyone who says they aren't are lying. I shop at certain stores, i listen to certain music. Just because I hate kiss 98.5 and prefer Brand New or the Black Keys doesn't mean i'm an individual because all i have to do is put on 102.1 and i can hear all my music on repeat just like katy perry. Just because i think hollister is for 12 year olds doesn't mean I'm different because I shop at Urban Outfitters and Anthropology. People make the mistake of thinking that because they don't like "mainstream" means they aren't "mainstream", everything today is made for us, if you want to be rebellious and stand out just shop at hot topic and get the same skull tattoo that everyone has, and some thick rimmed glasses. Everything today is cookie cutter, no matter what your preferences are they were made for you. In the past people were figuring out all this, today we don't even think about it.

i looked it up on urban dictionary
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=mass-produced

there are over 100 examples of this.
It really isn't even our fault though, what can we do when everything has been done before? How can we be an individual when everything is mass produced for us to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment