Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Economic Problem in America

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rPzlnVnLGo

I saw this clip on the Jon Stewart show a while back and it sickened me. It features a interview from another news program with a congressman who owns 33 Subways. He was complaining that if Obama is to raise the tax rates on the super rich he would not have enough money to feed his family. How is he going to complain about money when he makes millions a year? And as Stewart points out, the congressman is implying that it takes him $200,000 to feed his family, coming straight from the owner of 33 Subway chains that offer a footlong sub for $5. The increase in taxes that Obama suggests can raise from one billionaire more than most Americans make in year. I can't see how anyone can complain that for once they may have to restrict their spending slightly when there are people who can't make a monthly electric bill payment.

1 comment:

  1. Haha, Dan I'm so glad you posted this. I hadn't seen it before, and I love watching Jon Stewart. I agree with you, that was totally ridiculous, and quite hilarious. I mean yeah, if Obama raises taxes, it may cut the amount he can invest in opening new locations or whatever (like Stewart said, more locations?! Definitely not necessary) but, it definitely won't negatively effect is ability to feed his family.

    ReplyDelete