Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween

Halloween is one of my favorite holidays of the year. However, after going out this weekend it is apparent that many females really aren't concerned with changing peoples attitudes about sexism. There wasn't one costume I saw on a female that wasn't extremely revealing, and not that I have a problem with this but it shows the mentality of women in our culture. One girl was an army women with a camouflage hat, but had on short shorts and a tank top. I asked her why she didn't wear camo pants and a camo jacket, she said "that wouldn't be slutty enough". While this is only one person, its obvious that girls are trying to show as much skin as possible, and it is for a special occasion so you have to take it with a grain of salt. I guess my point is that women in our culture are wearing less and less clothes at a younger and younger age, so in a couple years, what will the outfits for Halloween look like?

1 comment:

  1. i do have to say that this does bother me so much! and girls wonder why they are called whores! i mean put some clothes on and you wont have that problem! this is just a way for them to get attention and unfortunately alot of times the girls who are wearing the least amount of clothing get the most attention.

    ReplyDelete