Thursday, October 6, 2011

The People Speak

"To live now, as human beings should live, in defiance of all that is bad around us, is itself a marvelous victory." -Howard Zinn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hUQ657XR7Y&autoplay=1

My roommate told me about this movie that one of her teachers mentioned to her and I though it went EXACTLY along with what we've been talking about. This video is a trailer for a movie about the historian Howard Zinn's books "A People's History of the United States" and "Voices of the People's history in the United States" and in these books are accounts of what it was really like in these times for people who WEREN'T white, adult males. Even just the trailer is pretty powerful.

I absolutely plan on seeing this movie because up until we talked about it in class the other day, I never realized that the history I've been learning in school my entire life was actually a flawed history as viewed by a white man.

No comments:

Post a Comment