Monday, October 3, 2011

Native Americans/Celebrities

When thinking about what to write about for this post, I decided I would talk about famous Native American celebrities. I started to try to think of some and then I realized I couldn't think of any, not even one. This reminded me of our class discussion when we were all naming Black celebrities. We came to the conclusion we could name quite a few, however it wasn't even comparable to the amount of White celebrities. The amount of Native American celebrities is significantly less than the amount of Black celebrities. The fact that not one comes to my mind when I try to think of one says something. I have never realized this until right now and now I am very curious as to why this is. This is definitely something I am going to pay more attention to now and be on the lookout for now whenever I watch a movie or TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment