Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Straight, Gay or....What?

so after Tuesdays class this whole different groups of sexual preferences really baffled me. outside of straight, gay, bi-sexual, and bi-curious i don't really know anything more about the topic. while at a doctors appointment the news was on and Chaz was on TV. Chaz is Cher's daughter, who went through with a life changing transformation from woman to man. i dont know the in's and out's about Chaz but it goes hand in hand with our class discussion from Tuesday. regardless of what a person may be, or may become, everyone is entitled to live a happy life including Chaz.

2 comments:

  1. Josh- I love the images you've posted here. It is interesting to see the transformation people decide to do sometimes. I completely agree that before our class discussion I only knew a few different types of groups. I feel like this is because those are the most common ones in society. Obviously some people may kiss a woman but be in a relationship with a man, but I feel like there isn't a name society has given to this and mainly stories like these are kept behind doors because I haven't heard many of these cases. I do agree that everyone is entitled to live a happy life, though it is going to be tough in a society where people are stuck in their gender roles and are very judgmental.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really interesting. It just goes to show that there are many different types of orientations, classifications, and ways of how one sees them oneself. However, we are so quick to only classify as "gay" or "straight." I bet even here, much of society would simply classify Chaz under the "gay" category.

    ReplyDelete