Sunday, October 9, 2011

Society vs. Transexuals, Drags, Gays & Straights

I've watched a lot of reality and talk shows with people that have surgery to change their gender. I've noticed that most of them say that as a child they knew that they were meant to be the opposite sex. Some while young were attracted to the same sex and some while young wanted to play with toys that were geared toward the opposite sex. After watching a video called Taboo of the transexual (link below) I realized that while women and men have to try to "fit into" their gender, transexuals have to try ten times harder. In the video it showed a biological man that changed to a woman and she has under went over 5 cosmetic procedures to try and look like a woman, she often over exaggerates features of a "typical" woman. Also while watching Ru Paul's Drag Race, I saw a man that did drag as a woman but he was not homosexual. He once said on one of the shows, who says that women have to wear dresses and men suits? I consider myself to be a average heterosexual male that enjoys playing dress up in women's clothing, why should I be criticized and constantly judged based on that simple fact? I am more that these clothes and this make-up. This is also true for other heterosexual men and women! People should be able to dress and look like whatever makes them happy, without the constant worries of what category society may place them into.


(http://www.metacafe.com/watch/3020598/taboo_of_the_transexual/)

1 comment:

  1. i agree. i was really into what you had to say and the things that were shared on the shows. i think I'm definitely gonna have check that out.

    ReplyDelete