Thursday, October 6, 2011

In Loving Memory Of: The Strongest Person I Every Met

What is "strength" and how can we measure it? well to me strength does not necessarily mean one's physical ability only, to me it also means the ability for a person to be emotionally, mentally and spiritually sound. Exactly a year from today's date i lost my grandmother, she was a 4'9" 145lb giant, a mother of 7 boys and she was a single parent most of her life! my grandmothers life was the furthest thing from a walk in the park she; endured physical abuse from her stepparents and spouses, raised 9 boys, had no education, put many family members to rest (children, grandchildren, parents), work four jobs at many points in her life, she survived breast cancer and lived with liver cancer and diabetes for as long as i can remember, she had arteries in her heart replaced with a valve, and a year before she past she was diagnosed with Alzheimer. No matter what she had been through in life she never stopped smiling, she never stopped loving and she never stopped caring for others. when you sit back and decide what makes a person strong don't ignore every aspect of life, because its funny how sometimes brute force has nothing to do with the strongest people in the world.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry for your loss. My grandfather also passed away a year and was definitely a survivor and inspiration as well. He survived multiple open heart surgeries and also survived the west nile virus. He also suffered from diabetes and many health problems as well. He finally lost his life to cancer. He never stopped smiling either, even on the last day of his life. He was definately the strongest person I have ever met and my inspiration every day.

    ReplyDelete