Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Killborn Reaction

I think Killborne, while making some good points, is not entirely correct.  While advertising does bombard of what the ideal female body image, whether a girl accepts that as her own ideal is her own decision.  Since I am a guy, I cannot base this view on first hand experience.  Instead, I base it the girl of similar age that I have had more interaction with than almost anyone in my life, my sister.  While my sister is naturally tall ( I'm 6'1" and she is only slightly shorter), she is of a chubby build. She also far exceeds me in terms of muscle mass (although that is not a high standard).   While she does wear some makeup, it is not much.  As long as I have known (Her entire life and most of mine) she has never had any body image issues.   Despite the media storm of models and celebs, my sister at least appears fully confident of her own body and self.
Notes:
  1. I cannot read my sister's mind so any thing in this could be utter nonsense
  2. My sister is not a lesbian (as far as I know), so do not assume butch stereotype
  3. If  my corpse is found brutally torn apart in the next few days, It means my sister found this post
  4. Statement 3 was a joke, put down the machete

No comments:

Post a Comment