Thursday, October 13, 2011

violence against women


I never noticed the violence against women in ads until we talked about it in class. When I searched ads online I couldn't believe how terrible some of them are. There is no surprise that men think it is okay to abuse women and think they are better when they are exposed to this advertising. Because ads tell us what we should be like it's dangerous because it's telling men the way they are is accepted. This is one of the worst ads I found, there would never be an ad with a little boy beat up that says something about him not respecting women. Because men for the most part do not respect women. We live in a world where there is very very little respect for women. I grew up with my mother but that was pretty much the only woman in my life. My father, brothers, cousins, uncles, friends all had a low respect for women and I thought that was okay until I got older. Children are very impressionable and it is really important that they are taught that everyone deserves respect.

No comments:

Post a Comment