Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Same old..

After going on a trip to Canada over the weekend with a couple of my guy friends who I haven't seen in a while, I really got a new perspective of how sexist they really were. I couldn't help but notice the comments that they said were so sexist against women, any little thing that was "not manly" was considered to be a vagina or whatnot. I guess I never really noticed how bad it was until all of these gender roles were mentioned in class and I was able to apply it to real life. I think that more than anything, it made me lose hope for the future because if this is how they act now, maybe they will be this way for the rest of their lives, and in doing so, maybe teaching their children the same horrible habits. I guess the only thing that we can do for the time being to to try and educate people on the reality of the situation, because speaking for myself I have learned a lot about gender roles, the impact that they have on society, and the impact that they have on individuals.

No comments:

Post a Comment